Peace, peace be unto you because of your faith in my well beloved, who was from the foundation of the world. -Helaman 2:112b RAV, 5:47 OPV
If you are here, we will presume that you are seeking to know God. You are not looking for someone to stand between you and God, you want that personal relationship that comes from being a disciple of Jesus Christ. There are many 10 step, 12 step, and other step programs out there that are very useful in helping people get through a number of things from alcoholism to gambling and more.
We will look at some of these, but our goal is not to help you get out of something, but to get into God. With that in mind, we will be going over seven steps in as many discussions as it takes. And we will patiently go over each one at a time. These steps are:
- God is Real. “The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.” -Psalm 19:1
- God is Good. “Good and upright is the Lord.” -Psalm 25:8
- We were created to be saved. “God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world would be saved through him.” -John 3:17
- We are given the freedom of choice. “If it doesn’t please you to worship the Lord, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship.” Joshua 24:15
- We should love and serve God. “Jesus told him, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind; this is the first and great commandment.’” -Matthew 22:37-38
- We should love and serve our neighbors. “’The second is the same: You must love your neighbor as yourself.’” -Matthew 22:39
- When we change our perception, we change our reality. “Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” -Colossians 3:2
At a quick glance, this list may seem arbitrary or even elementary, something one would expect to teach a child in Sunday School. However, as we go over this list you will find the deeper meaning behind each of these steps as they help draw you closer to God, the Creator. We will cover the basics of each step, we will make the introduction, but it will be up to you to form the relationship between yourself and God.