A blessing given to Sarah Ann Whitney and her family given by Joseph Smith Jr., the Seer at Nauvoo, Illinois, March 23, 1843. This text was taken from a page written in Joseph Smith Jr.’s handwriting from the Whitney Family Documents kept by the Church History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (CJCLdS) headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Inspired changes made for its use for the Church of Jesus Christ in Christian Fellowship are in italics.
- O Lord, my God; thou that dwellest on high, bless I beseech of thee, the one into whose hands this may fall, and crown her with a diadem of glory in the Eternal worlds.
- O let it be Sealed this day on high, that she shall come forth in the first resurrection, to receive the same, and verily it shall be, so saith the Lord, if she remain in the Everlasting Covenant to the end,
- As also, all her Fathers house shall be saved in the same eternal glory;
- And if any of them shall wander from the fold of the Lord, they shall not perish, but shall return, saith the Lord, and be saved in and by repentance, to be crowned with all the fullness of the glory of the Everlasting Gospel.
- These promises I seal upon all of their heads, in the name of Jesus Christ, by the Law of the holy priesthood; Even so, Amen.
-Joseph Smith Jr.